Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Lady Covered in Gold




This is the intro of the movie Goldfinger. As you look at the woman figurine you see different scenes from the movie within her body. The significance of this intro is to show viewers exactly how the producers felt about women. If you ask me they saw women as trash, they used them how they wanted to and then threw them out. What a shame! Now sit back and enjoy the clip that we were first introduced in class. Feel free class to make comments on my blogg.

1 comment:

Deanna Besbekos said...

I agree that the gold woman made it seem as if, "Bond Girls," are trash. I also thought that by showing Bond and other men on her body, it made it seem as if the producers were saying women are made up of men. What I mean by that is it looked like all that woman thought about was men, and that she needed men to survive. I think thats a terrible thing to portray because Bond seemed to fall for girls just as easily as they fell for him. It also makes women look weak and seem that we need men for everything, whether it be emotionally or physically. I also see it being untrue because I've heard that studies show that men have a tendency to die a short time after their wife dies but women live longer when they don't have men in their lives. So basically, men need women and they kill women because of it.