Thursday, September 14, 2006

Pirates...Arg!

This link is Roger Ebert's review of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. This is one of my favortie movies, not just because Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actors and Orlando Bloom is pretty to look at (lol), but because it takes the viewer on an awesome adventure in a fantasy world. I still debate which I like better "The Curse of the Black Pearl" or "Dead Mans Chest," but either way I love the storylines, the action, and the comedy. Ebert gives a short summary of the movie and his thoughts about the fight scenes and the way Depp and Rush charm audiences.
"Depp in particular seems to be channeling a drunken drag queen, with his eyeliner and the way he minces ashore and slurs his dialogue ever so insouciantly. Don't mistake me: This is not a criticism, but admiration for his work."

1 comment:

jpb said...

Nice post, although you might be able to transition more cleanly if you wrote a "lead-in" to the quote. Use a phrase like "The reviewer writes..." or something similar.