Sunday, September 17, 2006

Is she crazy or...is her baby the devil's child?

Believe it or not, I have never seen Rosemary's Baby until maybe about a month ago. I have heard about it and seen it at Blockbuster but I never bothered to rent it. The cover always caught my attention; it had a lady on a rocking chair and she was noticeably pregnant. One day, I decided to finally rent it. I'm glad I did because it's been a while since a movie has left me scared without having a blood, hooks, or guys wearing masks.

The movie starts out with Rosemary and her husband, Guy. They move into an apartment and they have an old couple as neighbors. Guy is an actor and one day is called to be told that he got a role that another man had gotten already but that the man was suddenly struck blind, therefore he got the role. Rosemary notices the close eerie relationship Guy has with the old couple. She also starts to notice strange occurrences like when her friend dies and that her doctor says that it's normal to have great pain in your uterus while pregnant.

She starts to read witchcraft books and starts to make sense of what is happening to her. Guy starts telling her that she is going crazy and Rosemary doesn't know what to think: is she really crazy or did Guy sell their own baby out to the devil so he could have a successful acting career?

No comments: