Monday, September 11, 2006

You Have To Watch It to Love It

It wasn't until this class that I've grown an interest in the James Bond movies. It wasn't that I had anything really against them for to be honest I've never really watched one until this class. The reason being could've been one of those things where I was just not interested in even bothering to watch because they were so popular and loved. Therefore whenever I saw a preview for one, I just considered them corny and predictable. Yet, when you really look into them, you find that there is so much more behind every word and action. It makes you wonder and think at least it does after Mrs. Cassidy's class. Even if you don't look too hard into the meaning behind it all, the movies can be quite entertaining such as the satire used in Goldfinger.

In this site, you can actually find out some more satire that was going to be used in the movie, but changed for various purposes. You can also find out more about Bond, the books on him, the movies made, and even the actors that played him. One interesting thing that the site pointed out was that the character, James Bond, didn't really achieve much fame until the movies were made and released. I'll have to agree especially because I didn't really know that there were books about him until the class. Yet, I have to say after watching Goldfinger and reading excerpts that I'm now interested in reading the books as well as watching all the other James Bond movies. Once you watch one, you just can't seem to stop!

No comments: