Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Exorcist (enough said)

Alright. For me, this is one of the best scary movies of all time. The movie went where no other movie had gone before, and did a great job doing it. In our era, some of the effects may seem poorly done, but in 1973 they were the best. When I first saw this movie, I was shocked. The movie did mess with my mind for a couple of days and my 20 year-old cousin still fears it to this day. I think Roger Ebert did a great review of this movie.



The quote I chose from the review was, "We feel shock, horror, nausea, fear, and some small measure of dogged hope. Rarely do movies affect us so deeply." I believe this captures what Ebert was trying to say about the movie in general. Not only does this movie capture the essence of evil and scares the hell out of you, it can also effect you if you are not mentally prepared for it. I felt everything that Ebert described, and maybe even more than that.

No comments: