Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Romance genre: Real connection or passion to make money?

I think that a lot of movies from the Romance genre focus too much on physical passion and appeal than on an actual believable connection. In many romance films it is a kiss that makes a couple fall for each other, they have sex, and you're left wondering when some sort of connection was formed other that a physical, sexual connection. It is hard for me to believe in the love between couples in most films. I think the majority of an audience is too quick to believe that a couple is madly in love because they have had hot, passionate, steamy sex. I only tend to like the romance films that really focus on a couples relationship and how they interact with each other. I think that being in love is something that would be terribly hard to act out.

1 comment:

Angie said...

where's the link?